Nursing Home Injuries and Wrongful Death
You may be entitled to recover monetary damages for pain and suffering, lost wages and payment of reasonable medical expenses (both present and future) if you or a loved one has been injured or died as the result of nursing home injuries or an accident.
What should I do? If a friend or family member are injured or died as a result of a nursing home injury or accident, try to obtain as much information as possible about the person(s) or business involved. Call the police. The police accident report usually includes descriptions, names, addresses and numbers, owner names and addresses, and insurance carrier names.
You should also make notes about relevant facts, ideally as soon as possible after the accident, including:
- Immediately request a complete copy of the records and demand them to be immediately available
- conditions and defects
- names and phone numbers of potential witnesses
- types and degree of apparent damage or injuries
- medical treatment obtained or denied
- take photographs with a camera phone or camera